- Beef fillet with couscous salad & tomato yoghurt salsa
- Judith tabron's spiced pork belly slices on a salad
- Grilled sirloin with mustard greens, walnuts, blue cheese & shiraz syrup
- Grilled brochettes of provenšal lamb belly with warm salad of green beans, prosciutto & feta
- Spiced french lamb cutlets with herbed couscous, almonds & peas & lemon yoghurt cucumber salad
Barbecued lamb cutlets with raita saladby Jo Pearson | Cuisine issue #150
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, crushed
zest of 1 lemon
2 x Frenched 9-bone lamb racks
500g vine tomatoes, cored, quartered, deseeded
3 shallots or 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
2 red chillies, deseeded, sliced
1 cucumber, peeled, cut in half lengthways, deseeded, sliced
1 handful mint leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup natural yoghurt, seasoned with white pepper and salt
Combine the vegetable oil, cumin, garlic and lemon zest. Rub over the lamb racks and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then leave to marinate, covered, at room temperature for 2 hours.
Preheat the barbecue to medium. Combine all the remaining ingredients except for the yoghurt in a bowl and toss to combine. Season.
Cook the lamb racks for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Slice into cutlets and serve with the salad and yoghurt.
Check your fridge, enter up to 4 items into the Meal Maker and we'll find recipes from our files containing those ingredients.